The Old Pueblo Termite Removal Experts
Connected with the Termite Treatment Tucson AZ Locals Rely On!
Termites in Tucson
Even worse, once your home gets exposed to termites, they continue to form colonies, and the structural damage caused by them is often irreparable.
Nonetheless, recognizing termites in Tucson at the right time helps you save your money. As soon as you spot termites in your home, you must get in touch with a professional Tucson termite companies to mitigate the problem.
We are one of the reputable Tucson termite inspection. Our licensed experts access the termite damage extent and design an appropriate action plan to prevent the problem.
We aim to treat termites in Tucson the current termite problem and offer genuine solutions to keep your home from pest infestation in the future.
Every homeowner styles their property to fit their unique tastes. From quality flooring to trendy wallpapers and cozy bedding to silky drapes, we take steps to make our home a haven.
Beyond that, we take measures to keep our home tidy and hygienic. While these steps help us create a peaceful home environment, a few unexpected events cause unwanted troubles for us.
One such problem that tops the list of annoying issues homeowners face is termites. It wouldn’t be wrong to consider it a terrible nightmare for families.
You might have spent thousands of dollars installing top-notch wooden doors, windows, and furniture. But unfortunately, the notorious termites take only a few hours to cause structural damage.
Providing Tucson Termite Inspection Locals Depend On!
One of the worst issues any household can experience is termite infestation. These silent destroyers slowly and gradually chew through your wallpapers, flooring, and wood.
Fortunately, our professionals can help eliminate the problem regardless of the damage extent and severity.
Termite treatment Tucson AZ has a history of successful termite control Tucson cases. Because Tucson termite inspection is pretty common in the US, thousands of customers have reached out to us till now for help.
We have dealt with mild to moderate and severe cases and haven’t failed to please our customers. Our professionals inspect the termite damage severity and use a suitable solution to Tucson termite control.
We blend Integrated Pest Management (IPM) with our unique termite control Tucson techniques to remove termites. Our goal doesn’t focus solely on termite elimination. Instead, we aim to identify the root cause of the problem.
For instance, your home structure may have cracks or locked moisture that could be encouraging termite growth.
Having treated a plethora of cases in the past, our Tucson termite control professionals seek to eliminate the problem source. This prevents termite growth in the future.
We also detect the termite type and take preventive measures accordingly. The diet, affect, habitat, and prevention techniques of different termite types vary significantly.
As such, a single treatment method doesn’t work for all. Our skilled team at termite treatment Tucson AZ determines the termite infestation type and takes preventive measures accordingly.
What Are Termite Control Tucson?
Termites, with over 2,750 species, are widely distributed worldwide. Most of their species exist in tropical rainforests, but they are also found in North America, British Columbia, Maine, and Eastern Canada.
These tiny insects are typically less than half-inch in size. In fact, you may not even identify them as insects with a naked eye; they appear like dust particles. Data reveals that termites cause over $5 billion in property damage each year. They feed on cellulose paper and wood items during the spring season.
Therefore, the Professional Pest Management Alliance (PPMA), a Tucson termite control organization, designates the second week of March as Termite Awareness Week.
The awareness week focuses on educational campaigns and programs throughout social media channels to enlighten people about this silent home destroyer.
Let’s look at some exciting termite facts to learn more.
- Mature termite colonies include 60,000 to 1 million termites. Nonetheless, this can differ depending on the termite colony type.
- The king and the queen hold a prominent position in termite colonies. However, the colonies aren’t limited to these; several other castes include workers, reproductives, and soldiers.
- When a reproductive termite wants to reproduce, they grow wings and fly away for mating purposes. This gives birth to a new colony.
- The female and male termites are called “swarmers” and “alates.”
- Alates typically have wings that go missing in soldiers and worker termites.
- 50 out of the 2750 species of termites are found in the United States. Among them, 20 are infamous for causing structural damage to properties.
5 Things You Must Know About Termites
There is a lot to learn about termites, and a few facts are just not enough. However, we curated a list of top 5 facts any homeowner must know – if not all.
Without learning about these insects, you cannot be sure if you have the problem. Termites could lurk in your home walls and furniture without you even knowing it. Nonetheless, the more you discover about these pests, the easier it will be for you to spot them.
They Are Active In Warmer Climates
Termites are more active in rising temperatures than in colder climates. This is because they work during the hotter months of the year to store food for winters. This indicates they are a year-round threat to areas that experience warmer climates throughout the year.
For instance, you are at risk if you live in the southern states. However, note that the National Pest Management Association tells us that this pest exists in every region of the US.
Therefore, your home isn’t ruled out entirely.
Regardless of how well-maintained your property is, you must be vigilant about infestation. One of the best ways to identify the problem is to inspect your home time and again.
Because they have an ability to remain hidden, they aren’t easy to spot until you stumble across visible damage. However, knowing their bodily structures and learning more about their habits can help you identify them early on.
They Leave Warning Signs
While termites are notorious for being destroyers, they are also ill-famed for being sneaky. You could be facing a problem for days, but you wouldn’t even know it.
Nonetheless, regardless of how stealthy they tend to be, they leave a few warning signs. Any savvy homeowner can spot them; slight diligence is required, however.
Here are a few symptoms of termite infestation.
- The wooden structures would produce hollow sounds on tapping them.
- Your paint and walls would appear bubbly and cracked
- You’ll come across a swarm of winged insects around your house, typically outdoors – near the light
- Lastly, you’ll observe mud tubes on crawl spaces, walls, and wooden structures
Simple Prevention Steps Can Help
In the event of termite infestation, there’s nothing better than getting in touch with a professional Tucson termite companies. They know how to handle the job and will take a few hours to eliminate the problem.
However, you can take a few steps to protect your home (more on the topic below).
Simple precautionary measures include.
- Keeping downspouts and gutters free of clutter, dirt, and debris; the healthier the environment, the lower the chances of pest infestation.
- Keeping lumber and firewood away from your property
- Installing exterior vents and screens
- Eliminating moisture by fixing leaks
Termites Are Not Deadly But Dangerous
Many individuals question if termites are deadly. While soldier termites have the capability to bite humans, they’ll do so only if handled carelessly. Therefore, termite removal is best left to professionals.
Essentially, these pests bite wood and other cellulose materials. They also may attack other insects but rarely have any human attacks reported yet. Even if they bite, their sting isn’t life-threatening.
Simply put, they are dangerous but not deadly. Harmful in a way that they damage your home materials, and delaying their removal might destroy your belongings beyond repair.
They Have Sense Organs and Use Vibration to Communicate
Termites consist of sense organs at the base of their tibiae and antenna. These help them feel vibrations, allowing them to select food sources they want to infest. For instance, the sense organs help them feel the vibroacoustic signals of wood pieces.
Additionally, they use vibrations to exchange messages. As soon as the soldier termites sense a threat, they bang or tap their heads against the surfaces.
This action produces vibrations and alarms the entire colony. Consequently, the insects take action to prevent themselves from getting attacked.
How to Prevent Termite Damage?
The Tucson Termite Treatment Locals Depend On!
Taking early steps to keep termites out of your home is way better than trying to eliminate them after infestation. The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) shares tips to make your home less vulnerable to termites.
- Leave ventilation space between wood and soil and consider using a concrete foundation
- Enclose open wood surfaces using a metal barrier or sealant.
- Keep the soil surrounding your home dry through a proper drainage system. This includes maintaining downspouts and gutters
- Keep plants and vents free from unwanted obstruction
- Do not grow shrubs and trees too close to your home. Also, avoid exposing wood surfaces to plants.
- Eliminate openings that allow termites to access your home. This might require you to fill in the cracks.
Further, the National Pest Management Association also shares guidelines to prevent termites Tucson AZ infestation during the spring season.
- Inspect your home for mud tubes, rotting wood, damaged structures, and visible termite existence.
- Nothing attracts termites more than water. So make sure you remove moisture sources to limit the chances of their presence.
- Avoid stacking piles of firewood closer to your home. Also, if you’ve bought some and want to keep them closer to your property, do not forget to inspect them for termites. Otherwise, you might be introducing termites to your home yourself.
- Consider discarding old grade stakes and boards from your property as they might encourage Tucson termite treatment growth.
- On spotting visible termite infestation signs, call a licensed professional organization immediately.
Getting In Touch With a Professional Termite Companies in Tucson
While preventive measures beforehand offer an excellent way to avoid the vexing pest infestation issue. If you fail to protect your home, there’s nothing better than contacting a termite treatment Tucson AZ company.
Tucson Termite Removal professionals are skilled at termite elimination. They spot the visible and hiding termite on your property and carefully handle its removal.
Slight negligence during termite elimination might damage the structures further. Our expert team, however, manages the entire process cautiously.
This minimizes structural damage and lowers the risk of termite spread in your home. We also identify the source of termite companies in Tucson and share tips to protect your property from pests in the future. Call us today to speak to one of our contractors and get treat termites Tucson AZ!